Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAS AIRPORT SECURITY GONE TOO FAR?

The TSA is denying claims that airport screeners have gone too far. Sources claim that screeners seizedd a toddler's sippy cup and mistreated his mother. Camera footage gives you an idea of what happened but is still slightly unclear. TSA argues that the footage shows the officers acting with "professionalism and concern for all passengers."
The issue is whether or not Monica Emmerson, a former Secret Service officer, was improperly detained after spilling water out of her child's sippy cup at Washington's Reagan National Airport. Emmerson claims "I was distraught. I opened my son's sippy cup. I twisted off the top. I wanted to drink the water. It spilled out." Emmerson said an officer threatened arrest when she spilled the water, claiming she was "endangering the public."

- I think airport security has gone too far. I thought our right were outlined that we are innocent until proven guilty. At the airport they make you feel like you are a criminal, even when you are innocent.

To read the complete story click on the link below
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/airport-security-counters-sippy-cup/20070617134309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

No comments: